Going beyond the expected, since 1948
Bruce & Merrilees is a family-owned and operated business. Since 1948, we have provided innovative electrical installation and maintenance services for large, complex projects. We are constantly on the lookout for talented individuals to add our growing team.
We are always accepting resumés for Full Time Project Managers for our Transportation projects. The Project Manager is responsible for daily project management and engineering support for the General Foreman and Superintendent.
- Ensure projects are completed in a safe, profitable and timely manner, while maintaining quality
- Perform project engineering duties in support of industrial electrical projects
- Assist with procurement of all material including orders, lead times, tracking, staging, returns, etc
- Work on-site much of the time directly supporting the project(s)
- Review design plans/drawings for constructability and develop necessary installation details
- Maintain constant focus on meeting/exceeding customer needs and expectations
- Track productivity of labor by observed percent complete and quantities installed
- The ability to identify to supervisor, simple or basic problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited information exists
- Assist in estimating projects
- Create, update and maintain electrical construction schedule
- High energy level, enthusiasm, and drive to excel
- Strong level of discretion, professionalism, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills
- Excellent computer skills in all Microsoft Office based programs
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Sense of urgency & ability to meet deadlines (self-directed)
- Solid working knowledge of the NEC
- 5+ Years of Project Management Experience
- Experience with managing subcontractors, labor management, scheduling & cost controls is preferred
At Bruce and Merrilees, we offer a competitive salary with an outstanding benefits package, including health & dental insurance, Paid Time Off, and employer-matched 401(k). We also provide FREE Vision coverage, Life Insurance and Long Term Disability.
Bruce & Merrilees is a family-owned and operated business. Since 1948, we have provided innovative electrical installation and maintenance services for large, complex projects. Our services include: Transportation, Oil & Gas, High Voltage, Industrial & Power, Speciality Contracts & Services, Commercial & Institutional.
Bruce & Merrilees is proud to have been selected as one of the Region's Best Places to Work for 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
Bruce & Merrilees Electric Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or, if applicable, veteran status.